Delta Heating System
Ikadan Delta is a flexible heating system, which is adabtable to all piggeries and ventilation systems.
Heat gives growth:
- Optimum climate control is a condition for a high production level in modern pig breeding.
- To ensure an optimum climate, it is necessary to periodically supply heat to most sections of the piggery.
- Heating is most necessary in farrowing pens, weaning pens, piglet and fattener pens.
- Too low a piggery temperature has a negative effect on the life force of the animals, i.e. they become more susceptible to diarrhoes, respiratory illnesses, etc.
- If the humidity is too high because of insufficient air change, the air in the building feels heavy and becomes uncomfortable.
- High air humidity also provides good growth conditions for contageous micro-organisms. It is therefore a contributory factor in the incidence of pulmonary disease and consequent substantial economic loss, especially in fattener piggeries.
- Dansih investigations show that during the winter the relative humidity in most fattener piggeries is 70-80% rather than the recommended 50-60%.
- For economic reasons, many producers do not install heating in their piggeries.
- The fact is that it is often good economy to introduce heating in the piggery.